Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Discipline Where You Are

Discipline is what it takes to be successful at what you are doing. We may have success, yet discipline will push you over the edge to being the best. I am not talking about doing an extreme make over on your life. I am saying to start with your life as it is.
   
I am a mom I wanted to be a great mom. I also believe in peace and love, as in the way Jesus, Buddha, Dali Lama,and many others teach it. I believe that living this way is the only way we are going to effect change in the world; ie to bring peace the the world. So I started there. I say the times that I got mad at the kids for not behaving; I forced myself to correct, or state how would be a better way to behave, and I let it go. I saw the times when I let my anger fester about the way the kids did not do what I asked, and I forced myself to be happy. I have lived with the same adversities that many moms do these days and saw myself being a low grade upset. I forced myself to be happy in all situations. I want to teach my kids the value of happiness during adversity; after all they will have plenty of adversity in there lifetimes, why be unhappy? Adversity always changes, but your choice or chance to be happy does not.
     
I started discipline with what I had to work with, you can too.We all have beliefs that we have and do not live by; we all have lives that can be improved. Discipline is deciding to make what you believe and how you act work as one in this world of seductive options. Not all things are options when it comes to your discipline, but in the end you will be a better person for starting were you are and using self discipline to become a true mind, body, spiritual success.

No comments:

Post a Comment